Department of Physical Sciences,
School of Engineering, Technology and Sciences
Room No: C7012
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 2289
, "Monitoring Air Quality of Dhaka using IoT: Effects of COVID-19", 2021 2nd International Conference on Robotics, Electrical and Signal Processing Techniques (ICREST), DHAKA, Bangladesh, 2021, pp. 715-721, IEEE Xplore , 2021, (Link)
Rajib Saha, Snm Azizul Hoque, M M R Manu, Aminul Hoque
, "On the use of directional derivatives of SuperDARN convection flow for estimating open-closed field line boundary during the intervals of substorm activity on 14 October 2001", Polar Science, Elsevier , 2021, (Link)
S.N.M.Azizul Hoque, Anik Alvi, Md. Readul Mahmud, Sajib Sakhawat, Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan
, "Flood monitoring and forecasting using SAR and meteorological data: A case study", Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences , 2020,
Md. Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan, S.N.M. Azizul Hoque
, "Satellite Remote Sensing Techniques for Landslides Detection and Mapping: A case study from Manikchari, Chattogram", Gobeshona 6, The Gobeshona Annual Conference 2020, ICCCAD, Independent University, Bangladesh, , 2020, (Link)
SNM Azizul Hoque
, "A case study of flood monitoring and forecasting using SAR and meteorological data", Gobeshona 5, The Gobeshona Annual Conference 2019, ICCCAD, Independent University, Bangladesh, International Center for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) , 2019, (Link)
Hoque, S. N. M. Azizul; Bhuiyan, Mafijul Islam
, "Remote Environmental Data Analysis Using Sounding Rocket", International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Engg Journals Publications , 2019, (Link)
M. M. R. Manu, Rajib Saha, S. N. M. Azizul Hoque, Aminul Hoque
, "Investigating the rapid deforestation and carbon dioxide release in Bangladesh using geospatial information from remote sensing data", Ecocycles, European Ecocycles Society , 2019, (Link)
SNM Azizul Hoque, Mondar Maruf Moin Ahmed, Md. Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan
, "A New Technique for Understanding Magnetosphere-Ionosphere Coupling Using Directional Derivatives of SuperDARN Convection Flow", Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, Springer , 2018, (Link)
S. N. M. Azizul Hoque and Frances Fenrich
, "Adapting the NeQuick 2 model to GPS derived TEC data at a given location", AIUB Journal of Science and Engineering (AJSE), 15th issue, Vol. 15 No. 1, AJSE , 2016,
S.N.M. Azizul Hoque and Tanvir Ahmed
, "Improvement of B2bot correction factor for NeQuick 2 during the high solar activity at Saint Croix", Journal of Advanced Research Design, Vol. 27, Issue 1 (2016) 19-26. ISSN: 2289-7984, Journal of Advanced Research Design , 2016, (Link)
Hoque, S.N.M. Azizul
, "Spatial Gradients in SuperDARN Convection Flows", SuperDARN Annual Workshop, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (May 2013), SuperDARN Annual Workshop , 2013,
Fenrich, F. and Hoque S. A
, "Temporal Evolution of the Open-Closed Field Line Boundary Determined Using Superdarn Velocity Gradients", AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, American Geophysical Union , 2011, (Link)
SA Hoque, FR Fenrich
, "Determination and Temporal Evolution of Open-closed Field Line Boundary using SuperDARN", CAP Congress, volume 66, Number 2, June, 2010, pp-59, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, , 2010, (Link)
S. A. Hoque, Frances Fenrich
Project Title: Development of a Geospatial Intelligent System for Flood and Deforestation Monitoring System Over Rural Areas of Bangladesh
Project Manager: Dr. S N M Azizul Hoque, Md. Mafijul Islam Buiyan
Project Title: Second order effect of spin to periastron shift in Kerr field
Project Manager: S.N.M. Azizul Hoque, Sajib Sakhawat, S.M. Masruk Uddin, Shafakat Arifeen, S.B. Faruque
Project Title: Development of a Deforestation Monitoring System Using Synthetic Aperture Radar Imageries
Project Manager: S.N.M. Azizul Hoque, M.M. Ahmed, Md. Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan
Project Title: Development of Landslides Forecasting Model using Satellite Imageries and Advanced Differential Interferometry Synthetic Aperture Radar
Project Manager: Dr. S N M Azizul Hoque, Jakaria Rabbi, Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan
Project Title: Development of Crop Classification System to Calculate the Yields of Different Crops in Bangladesh Using Satellite Imageries and Machine Learning Techniques
Project Manager: SNM Azizul Hoque, Jakaria rabbi, Mafijul Islam Bhuiyan
- MAT 104 : Calculus and Analytic Geometry
- MAT 211 : Probability and Statistics
- PHY 100 : Physics for the Next Generation
- PHY 101 : University Physics I
- PHY 102 : University Physics II
- PHY 111 : Physics -I
- PHY 121 : Physics -II
- PHY 302 : Classical Electrodynamics
- PHY 432 : Introduction to Astrophysics
- PHY 434 : Atmospheric Physics and Meteorology
A. Teaching and Research Experience
1. Assistant Professor January 2018 – present
Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB)
2. Assistant Professor April, 2016 – December, 2017
American International University- Bangladesh (AIUB)
3. Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant January 2009 - November 2014
Space Physics Research Group, Department of Physics, University of Alberta
4. Lecturer July, 2006 - August 2007
Sylhet International University, Sylhet, Bangladesh
B. Industrial Experience
1. SolidWorks Design Engineer August 2015 - January 2016
Steelcraft Clemmer Division, Edmonton, AB
2. Technical Support Engineer August 2014 - April 2015
Fluidseal AB Inc., Edmonton, AB
1. Assistant Professor, American International University- Bangladesh (AIUB)
MODERN PHYSICS: Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Nuclear Physics, Nulcear Power plants (Reactor Physics)
PHY- 1 Mechanics, Properties of Matter and Thermodynamics
PHY- 2 Electricity and Magnetism
PHY- 1 Lab Mechanics, Properties of Matter and Thermodynamics
PHY- 2 Lab Optics, Electricity and Magnetism
2. Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Fluids, Fields and Radiations (PHY 126): Winter 2009, Fall 2013
Fluids and Waves (PHY 146): Fall 2009, Winter 2012, Winter 2014
Particles and Waves (PHY 124): Winter 2010, Fall 2011, Summer 2012
Engineering Physics (PHY 131): Fall 2010, Winter 2011
Electricity and Magnetism (PHY 230): Summer 2014
Introductory Computational Physics (PHY 234): Summer 2013
Mechanics and Thermodynamics (PHY 224): Fall 2013, Winter 2012, Fall 2011
Introduction to Environmental Physics (PHY 271): Winter 2014
3. Lecturer, Sylhet International University, Sylhet, Bangladesh
PHY-101 Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Waves, Optics, Heat and thermodynamics
PHY-103 Electricity and Magnetism, & Modern Physics
PHY-102 Physics Laboratory
PHY-101B Physics for Engineers
PHY-102 Physics Lab
PHY-103B Electromagnetism & Modern Physics
A) POSITION IN ACADEMIC ORGANIZATION:
1. Counsellor at large (Elected), Graduate Student Association (GSA) at University of Alberta, 2009-10.
2. GSA representative at the Faculty of Graduate Student Research Policy Review Committee, University of Alberta, 2009-10.
3. University of Alberta Institute for Space Science, Exploration, and Technology (ISSET) Students: Outreach- Vice president- Financial, 2009-10.
4. Member of organization committee, University of Alberta First ISSET Space Symposium, 2010.
6. Astrophysics and Space Physics Representative, University of Alberta Graduate Physics Student Association, 2009-2010
7. Oil-sand Student Delegation, University of Alberta, October 2013.
Responsibilities: Involves a trip to Fort McMurray to explore the complex issues that surround oil sands development in Northern Alberta.
8. Assistant General Secretary (AGS), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Physics Society, 2003-04.
B) POSITION IN SOCIAL ORGANIZATION/ VOLUNTEER WORK/ COMMUNITY SERVICE:
1. Judge, Annual Science Fair, Aurora Charter School, Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA, February 2012.
2. University of Alberta ISSET’s Space Academy – Volunteer assistant to the Organization committee, 2011.
3. Bangladeshi Student Association at University of Alberta (BSAUA), Vice President Entertainment, Successfully raised $3500 fund from Student Group Service (SGS) in July-December 2010.
4. Volunteer at GSA social events (orientation for graduate students), Graduate Student Association at University of Alberta, 2009-10.
5. Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Astronomical Society – General Secretary (2002-03), Vice president (2004-05), Coordinator (2005-06). Responsible for increasing awareness of space and astronomy.
6. 2004-2005 Sylhet Astronomical Society- Executive member. Organised workshop in Sylhet and SUST.
C) EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Organised International Physics Study Tour (Shillong -Guahati-Jalpaiguri-Siliguri) in 2005.
2. Participated in senior group of Inter Department Debate Competition, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Debating, 2004
3. Participated JICA 6th International Cooperation- Related Thesis Contest for University Students, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), August 2003.
4. Stood 3rd in Inter College Debate Competition from Adamjee Cantonment. SOS Hermann Gmeiner College, Mirpur, Dhaka, 1999.
5. Participated third inter class debate competition, Engineering University School, 1997
Ph.D. in Space Physics, 2014
University of Alberta, Canada
Post Graduate Degree in Earth System Physics, 2008
The Abdus Salam ICTP, Italy
B.Sc. in Physics, 2006
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Bangladesh
Adamjee Cantonment College, Bangladesh
Engineering University School, Bangladesh